Family

Family

May 21, 2012

Quotes from Caden


Caden talks my ear off these days.  While Luke is at preschool, he is often beside me chatting away or asking questions.  I wish I had more of his quotes, but I guess I have been really bad at remembering them or writing them down.  Here are a handful. 

The day after my birthday this year, Caden and I had this conversation.

Caden:  Are you still 65 mom?
Mom:  No, I am 35.
Caden:  Are you going to be 35 forever? 
Mom:  No, only until my next birthday.
Caden:  Are you going to be 34 again?
Mom: Yup, sure am.
(And then I told him the truth.)

---------------------------------------------------------

During family home evening a couple of weeks ago, we showed the boys a picture and asked about one of the people in the picture (John the Baptist).  Caden piped up immediately and said, "The baptize guy?" 
He also refers to the missionaries as "the baptize guys."

---------------------------------------------------------

When he fell down and hurt himself recently, he said, "I think I hurt my skeleton."

---------------------------------------------------------

When David gave me a hug a few days ago, he said, "Are you guys going to get married?"
(We have been looking at our wedding pictures recently and there is a lot of hugging going on in those pics...so maybe that is where this is coming from??)

---------------------------------------------------------

Caden often talks about what he wants to be when he grows up.  Sometimes it's a firefighter, although he calls it a "fire guy."  He recently told me, "I want to be a doctor because I get to wear gloves."
(Ahh...gloves are cool.)

---------------------------------------------------------

Like Luke, Caden has a lot of questions about our baby. Here are a few that I remember:
"Is the baby in your belly going to be wrapped up in a blanket?"
"Has he ever seen me before?"
"Is he going to be nice?"
"Does your baby have a skeleton?"
(While poking my belly) "Does he like this?"
"Can he answer me?"
"Where is his bed going to be?"
(While pushing on my belly) "Will he cry if I bother him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment