I am not one of those women who love pregnancy. I wish I could say differently. That is not what this post is about, though.
There is this one thing that I do love about being pregnant.
Movement.
The movement of a growing, kicking, twisting, turning, somersaulting little babe. It is truly magical. I looked forward to it this time more than any other pregnancy. With such a rough beginning to my pregnancies, I latch onto anything to keep me sane. One of those this time was the anticipation of feeling this baby move. I was eager for it, often to the point of impatience. I felt the first flutter at 15 weeks, but the movements were few and far between. I wanted more. At 18 weeks when I felt continuous movement for a full 30 seconds, I found that tears had trickled down my cheeks. After feeling miserable for so many weeks, it felt like I had been given a precious gift. I have continued to feel this baby move on a daily basis and am loving every minute of it.
I am 24 weeks, which means this baby is about 1.5 lbs., so I sure hope I can say the same about this movement when he is big enough to be up under my ribs and is using my bladder as a punching bag!
I am 24 weeks, which means this baby is about 1.5 lbs., so I sure hope I can say the same about this movement when he is big enough to be up under my ribs and is using my bladder as a punching bag!

I'm glad you enjoy that part at least! I have to say this little girl has driven me a bit crazy with her movement! She never stops. At least I always know she's doin ok!
ReplyDeleteIs that cigarette smoke in the picture background? It looks like an ad for a stop smoking campaign!
ReplyDelete