Family

Family

April 13, 2012

Winter & Early Spring in Rewind

I wish I had taken more pictures over the past 4 months, but since I was doing my best just to make it through each day, it didn't end up being a priority.  Still, I am sad about it.  Porter, especially, has changed a lot during the past few months and I wish I had more pictures of his progression.

We experienced round after round of sickness in our house this winter.  It's probably no different than any other winter, but being sick myself made it doubly hard to take care of sicks kids.  When Luke is sick, he takes to the couch for the first couple of days.  Although he doesn't like being sick, he does like that those days become movie days!


These boys love playing with cars and trucks in the dirt.
The only "dirt" at our house is in the front flower bed.  Not my favorite place for them to play, but they can't get enough of it, so I have been known to relent :)
We had a mild winter this year, so we had quite a few nice days scattered throughout the cold days.  On one of the nice days in February, Caden said to me,
"I'm going outside to check the weather." He opened the front door, wandered down the path, stood still, looked up, looked around, turned around and wandered back. This is the conversation that followed.

Caden: Mom, it's not cold today. Can we play in the dirt?
Mom: Hmm....maybe.
Caden (running over to Luke):  Luke, mom said we could play in the dirt!
Luke: Mom said "maybe".
Caden: Yeah, and that means "uh-huh".
Luke: Mom, can we play in the dirt?
Mom (trying not to laugh): Yes, you can.
Luke: Yes!






David has been taking the boys, individually, on Sunday walks.
They are loving their time to be alone with dad.
Even Porter can't wait for his turn.  It's a race for the shoes when walk time comes around.


Luke and dad.
(Somehow I missed a picture of Caden with dad).


David snapped a picture of Porter at church (in nursery) with his iPhone.
There are twin girls in his nursery and they did not want to wear their bows.
Porter thought they were pretty cool.


In my absence, David managed 3 boys at church without a complaint ever escaping his lips.  That is so David!  Oh, how I love him!!  Church is hard with both of us there to manage the crew, so I know it wasn't easy.  When it came to the occasional presidency meeting after church, he tucked the boys in a corner of the room (blocked off with chairs), then gave them the quiet books and snacks.
Ingenious!


Porter hanging out on the brown lawn with graham crackers and toys.


Spring came early this year and Luke was very excited to get back on his bike.


Caden usually avoids the tricycle, will often choose the balance bike, but still prefers the trusty plasma car.


Porter loves being outside with his brothers.  He is getting so big!


Taking a break to read a magazine that came in the mail.


Since I took so few pictures during the Winter, I was trying to make up for it once Spring came when I was just beginning to come out of my fog.  Caden quickly tired of it.  Just before I took this picture Caden said, "Can I be done now?"  Thus, the look and hand gesture.


More playing in the dirt.
This area has now been re-mulched so it is hands off.  I guess we need a sandbox.



The growing belly.  It's bigger now.  Bigger than ever before at this point in my other pregnancies.  Sigh.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment