Family

Family

March 9, 2011

Lightning Strike?

Our furnace went out over the weekend.  We woke up on Saturday morning to a cold house.  It was 30 degrees outside and warmed up a bit from there, so it could have been much worse...thank goodness we live in Arkansas.  Even so, it was definitely cold in our home.

The heating guy came out on the weekend (bless him), but the "motherboard" was "fried" and couldn't be fixed until Monday.  The furnace guy was fairly certain we got struck by lightning (our furnace is in the attic).  We did have quite the thunder/lightning storm the previous evening/night, but we were out on a date together...driving in it, actually.  Our babysitter didn't mention anything strange.  Wouldn't you know if your home got struck by lightning?  Hmm...
If it was lightning, I'm glad it hit the furnace and nothing else!

So, we turned on the gas fireplace to keep warm.
The furnace guy said to turn on the furnace fan once our front room got warm and it would
 circulate the warmth throughout the house.
I have to admit I was skeptical and thought we would end up in a hotel once night came, but it worked pretty well.

Here are a couple of pics of the boys keeping themselves warm by sticking close to the fire.



1 comment:

  1. I remember living through a few ice storms in Missouri growing up. We huddled (and slept) around a real fire that my sweet mom nursed each hour of the night so her kiddos didn't freeze. Glad you stayed warm!

    ReplyDelete