Family

Family

March 20, 2011

Finally, some payback....

When David and I got married, we struck a deal...I clean the toilets and he mows the lawn.
He hates cleaning toilets and I really have very little interest in mowing a lawn.  Growing up I had a dad and 3 brothers who always mowed our lawn.  I once wondered what I might be missing out on and asked to mow a strip. 
I did that.
One strip.
I haven't touched a mower since.

I was thinking it was a pretty sweet deal, but for six and a half years I have been cleaning toilets and since we have lived in condos or town homes, David has not mowed one lawn. :-)

Well, the time has come.

Here's David behind our first lawn mower.



Does it seem strange to anyone to mow a brown lawn?  We didn't do that where I grew up, but it's not strange here.  Everybody is doing it!  We were instructed by our lawn guy (who is treating the weeds) to "scalp" the lawn (cut it very short) in the early Spring before it begins to grow.  I have to admit that I thought that was craziness, but all of our neighbors are doing the same.  We also researched it online and it seems to be the thing to do with Bermuda grass.  It is also a little strange to me that while the lawn is brown, the weeds seem to be thriving, and have been since January! 


Note from the mower of the lawn: "Let the record show that I have cleaned the toilet 3 times!"

Back to Heather: "I will be checking my logs as I believe the truth has been stretched.  My memory recalls only twice and one of those was on Mother's Day.  Great gift huh?! ;) Hey, but who's counting".

David again: "Do we really need the world to see this?!?"

Heather and David: "It sure is fun to blog banter!"

David: "It was three times!!!"

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha, David! I say it's about time. Go Team Heather! The brown lawn thing is weird, though. Strange Arkansans, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read on the "interwebs" somewhere that if you put ice down your shorts and do the hula dance that your next child will be a boy. But that didn't seem to work either....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. He sure lucked out over the last 6 years! Good luck with the brown lawn.

    ReplyDelete