While being at home with 3 little ones has its challenges, it also has its joys. I was just telling a friend how fleeting this time with young children really is and how it is becoming more apparent that my time with them at this young age is
oh, so short.
I wanted to document a few things that I love about this 2-year old before the time is gone and I have forgotten his adorableness!
~We won't discuss the not so cute 2-year old moments.~
(We'll leave that for a different post)
I love the sweet kisses he gives Porter, on his head, before going to sleep at night.
He talks to Porter in a way he doesn't talk to anyone else. He gets down on the floor, tilts his head and talks real sweet-like to him in a high pitched voice. Asks him questions. Tells him things. I can't help but smile at how much he loves the little guy, especially because I thought he was going to struggle with a new sibling in the home.
I love that he says, "Tank you" (thank you) for EVERYTHING you do for him. I hear him saying thank you to me, Luke, David, whoever, all day long. I am going to miss it when he stops being so appreciative.
On that same note, I can't help but laugh inwardly when I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do and he politely responds with, "No tank you."
On that same note, I can't help but laugh inwardly when I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do and he politely responds with, "No tank you."
I love his willingness to share. Luke is always asking him to "share" his toys (which really means, "I want to take it from you") and Caden, more often than not, will give it to Luke. With that said, he has figured Luke out and will sometimes offer another one of his toys...not necessarily the one Luke is asking for...but he still wants Luke to be happy and so will give him something else as a consolation.
I love to see the wonder in his eyes with each new discovery.
I love how he asks Luke to "run" with him at night after pajamas are on and bedtime is just around the corner. These boys could run around the house all evening if allowed.
I hear the single word, "wook" (look) many times a day as he wants me to look at anything he's doing that he thinks is cool. He repeats it over and over and over until I look his way and tell him how great he is. Love it.
He's quick to say, "I'm sorry."
He has recently learned the art of whispering and practices this new skill in the evening when I am feeding Porter, just before bed (it's an unofficial, and also rare, "quiet moment" of the day).
I feel blessed that he still loves a good snuggle with mom now and again.
I hear the single word, "wook" (look) many times a day as he wants me to look at anything he's doing that he thinks is cool. He repeats it over and over and over until I look his way and tell him how great he is. Love it.
He's quick to say, "I'm sorry."
He has recently learned the art of whispering and practices this new skill in the evening when I am feeding Porter, just before bed (it's an unofficial, and also rare, "quiet moment" of the day).
I feel blessed that he still loves a good snuggle with mom now and again.
I love this 2-year old.

No comments:
Post a Comment