Family

Family

December 10, 2010

Decorating

2 More Weeks

The countdown is on...for the kids, anyway.
It's hard to believe there is only 2 weeks until Christmas.
Luke looks at the calendar every day and tells me what day it is and shows me how close to Christmas we are getting.

I love this time of year and wish it would last much, much longer!
I will be sad when the Christmas tree comes down.

Here it is going up.
Luke loves decorating the tree and we had only one ornamental casualty this year.
A little superglue and our R2-D2 was as good as new.



Caden was old enough this year to join in the fun.


I tried to get a picture with the boys and the tree.
Luke is sad that his part of the decorating is over.  I don't let him help with the glass ornaments.
Too risky.
Caden is just protesting yet another one of mom's picture taking moments.


A little less protesting.


The Tree.
This is our first year with a "big" tree.
We love it!
Wish we had a few more ornaments to decorate it with, but that will have to come with time.
(The backside is completely void of anything...the corner spot was chosen wisely!)


When Luke saw that I was posting his "sad face" picture, he asked the I take another picture with him smiling.
What a funny little kid.


Some friends had us over to their home recently for dinner and gingerbread house making.

David helping Caden with his house.


Helping Luke with his house.


Luke's house fell apart and so became a "hut" with lots of icing.
He didn't mind.


Here's Caden checking out his house.


I wish I had taken pictures of the houses made by their friends.
Quite the masterpieces!
I think our kids could use some more experience in gingerbread house making.


1 comment:

  1. When you say David was "helping", you really mean he was eating the candy as he went along, right? :)
    Your boys are hysterical. I love Luke's 'sad' face and his request for a new picture. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets the kids do their own ornaments and saves the others for when they are asleep and dreaming of sugarplums!

    ReplyDelete