Family

Family

November 13, 2010

Pure Joy - First Soccer Practice


I love my family! Today was Luke's first soccer practice. He was soooo happy and I (dad) was giddy with happiness watching my son have so much fun. Luke is the youngest and smallest kid in his class, as you will see in the video below. The age group is 4-6. He held his own though. Watch as Luke stretched, did jumping jacks, raced, dribbled, pivoted and scored goals.


Here are my favorite memories from soccer practice today:

1) When they would do practice drills Luke was clapping and cheering for the other kids when they did well. I love this about Luke. He got excited for others when they do something well or new. Today I found that he does this not just for his brothers. What a good example for me.

2) When they played their soccer game, after practice was over there was a super star six year-old boy that was scoring goals every other minute and and running circles around the rest of the kids. As you can imagine, Luke was just able to follow the pack but didn't get to kick the ball much since everyone was faster and bigger. Then, coach asked Luke to play goalie and he did so good for being so small. There were no goals scored on Luke and when the stud soccer player tried to score on Luke, my little boy fearlessly jumped on the ball and blocked all of the oncoming goal attempts. I know, I know... I am biased and it's a little thing but I'm Luke's dad and I was so excited for him to get a little confidence among all the six year-olds. When he went back to the field of play, after playing goalie, he almost scored a goal.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! You're so smart to write it all down! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete