Family

Family

October 1, 2010

"Don't Rush Me"

I don't like being late.

Never have.

I'm just wired that way.

Caden doesn't seem to have the same wiring. He is not in a rush to do anything. He doesn't want to be rushed when it's time for pajamas, teeth brushing, diaper changes, walking to the park, going to the library, leaving the house (for any reason), coming back inside the house. You name it.

As a general rule, it's a little annoying, but something I can work with...except when it's going to make me late for something. Like on the days I take Luke to preschool, for instance.

He's a little bit of a contradiction. As soon as he gets wind that we are going somewhere, he wants his shoes on right now and is insistent that we "go," but as soon as we are ready to walk out the door, he's just not ready to be rushed.

Maybe he's just stubborn. If so, too bad he gets that from me!

Here are a few places that my sweet Caden likes to linger when it's time to go.

At the top of the stairs.

(our front door is located at the bottom of the stairs...where everyone except Caden is waiting)

His favorite place to stand while exiting the mini-van.

Or NOT exiting.

(He's sure cute, though!)

On the porch.

(I usually have to pick him up and take him inside because he's just not going to budge)



Luke, on the other hand, is wired more like me.
Here is Luke waiting to go to preschool...long before it's actually time to leave.





3 comments:

  1. I haven't checked in on you guys for a while! Congrats on Baby #3. I love the name Porter. You must be busy with 3 little ones. The third was the hardest for me. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome and such a great thing to journal about. I'm not quite sure where my kiddos land as far as promptness yet. Mia goes back and forth on pretty much everything it seems. I HATE being late also. So I understand the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just describe Dane and Neve. It must be a oldest child vs 2nd child thing. Dane is super uptight all about the rules and Neve doesn't even know what rules are...

    ReplyDelete