I LOVE these boys!
I have been thinking about our boys and some of the things I love about them. Being a mom is hard work, but I am ever grateful to be able to be at home with these little rascals.
I have been thinking about our boys and some of the things I love about them. Being a mom is hard work, but I am ever grateful to be able to be at home with these little rascals.
Luke
I love his bright smile each morning when he comes running into our room at 7am.
I love that he loves books. The library is one of his favorite places.
I love how protective he is of his little brother. As long as Luke is around, Caden will be safe!
I love all of his facial expressions...there are too many to count. I wish I could capture all of them on camera.
I love his curiosity and desire to learn and know things. He is constantly asking me what certain words mean. The most recent words he wants to know the meaning of are: Destroy, information, soldier, shiver, hover, & flicker. He keeps me thinking.
I love the screams of joy that can be heard in our house when dad arrives home from work.
I love the things he says. He recently told Caden,
"You're the best friend EVER!"
A couple of days ago we were eating left-overs for dinner (I love left-overs...no cooking that second day). As Luke sat down to eat, he said, "Oh no, we're having this again. I'm so sad." I had to turn around and walk away so he wouldn't see the laughter I was desperately trying to hold back. I expect to hear such things when my kids are teenagers, but not from my, almost, 4-year old.
On a recent Monday (FHE) night, David called saying he was on his way home from work. When I got off the phone with him, Luke said, "Dad better drive fast if he wants his cookies."
I have always loved Luke's eyes. They have a twinkle I hope he never loses.
I have always loved Luke's eyes. They have a twinkle I hope he never loses.
Caden
I love that he loves to cuddle. What a blessing to have a little cuddler! My favorite time is right before bed/nap when he lays his head down on my shoulder. I am the one who finally has to let him go as he would lay there forever. I am going to be so sad when he gives it up.
I love that as serious as he can be at times, it doesn't take much to make him smile or laugh.
(and his smile melts my heart)
I love how he runs. We really need to catch his "waddle run" on camera before he gives that up too.
I love how much he loves his older brother.
I love that I have a shadow wherever I go.
(okay, maybe not always, but I know I'll miss it when he no longer needs me)
I love how he says Luke's name: It's "Wuke."
I love that when he gets a toy for himself, he'll often bring one for Luke too.
I love his excitement whenever we go somewhere. As soon as he hears the word "go" there is a race for the shoes.
I love how he folds his arms during the prayer at dinner time...one arm folded...the other arm free to gain access to the goods on the plate.
I love that he loves to sleep!
I love his belly laugh.
(see picture below)
I love his excitement whenever we go somewhere. As soon as he hears the word "go" there is a race for the shoes.
I love how he folds his arms during the prayer at dinner time...one arm folded...the other arm free to gain access to the goods on the plate.
I love that he loves to sleep!
I love his belly laugh.
(see picture below)



I LOVE the solo picture of Luke. So adorable!!!!! He's like a little man now. Thanks for inspiring me to think of the positives. When you're sleep deprived, the positives don't always shine through.
ReplyDelete