Family

Family

December 4, 2009

'Tis the Season

I LOVE this time of year! I LOVE all things Christmas!
I'm sure there is some rule about not putting up your
tree before Thanksgiving, but we disregarded it this
year. Our trees (three small ones) were up the day
before Thanksgiving. I have to admit that I was just a
little too eager. To my credit, Luke had been asking for
days on end when he could put ornamnents on the tree.

Luke is a little decorating pro.

Such concentration. It has to be just so, you know?

Decorating all together.

Thankfully, Caden, though drawn to the trees, is very
wary. The first few days he would get within about a
foot of the trees and stop. Since then he has touched
the trees twice. The first time, I told him "no," and
he stopped. The second time, Luke said, "don't," and
Caden burst into tears. He hasn't touched the trees
since. Love that!


The final product. The trees are very cozy in their
small corner. Some day, maybe next year, we will
graduate to just one big tree (or at least a bigger
tree). We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one who wants to put up the tree before Thanksgiving. I also am not going to take it down until January 13th on St Knut's Day the official close of the Christmas season in Sweden and Finland-just another excuse to enjoy the decor for a little longer. I LOVE your three little trees, it is unique and adorable!

    ReplyDelete