for a cut on his forehead. This kid loves to run! He
ran right into his bedpost literally two seconds before
bedtime. At first I was just going to steri-strip the
cut or even super-glue the thing, but because it was
deep AND on his forehead we took him to the ED.
He is sad in this picture not because he's hurting
but because I told him we had to go to the doctor.
To Luke, "doctor" means shots. As I was gathering
up everything to bring to the hospital, Luke said,
"I'm not hurting anymore...I'm happy now." Sadly,
for him, that didn't get him out of a 3-hour trip to
the ED. This picture was taken after the bleeding
stopped and just before walking out the door...thus
the tears.

Sitting on dad's lap in the Pediatric ED. The bandage is
smothered in numbing medicine the triage nurse put on
his forehead.
holding, and because the cut was so straight, the NP
glued it together with Dermabond. Hmm...why didn't I
save us the trouble and glue it at home? I guess it's more
sterile this way...even if it did cost us hundreds of dollars
for a little bit of glue :-)




You have such a cute family! Thanks for the invite. I had no idea you had a blog. Boys can sure be crazy... I'm just learning that. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHey, you would be an awesome ER nurse...
ReplyDeleteBoys are totally nuts. My nephews have put their heads through walls in the bedroom playing "superman" and have had multiple ER visits. Oh the joys of little boys. LOL!
You should do it! I'm sure they'd bend over backward to work with you and you could only work the shifts you'd WANT to work. Never hurts to look . . .
ReplyDelete