Caden was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday, September 10th.
Here is his cute invitation. I love how it turned out.
This design was on the back.
The front of the program.
And the inside.
This was such a special day. I don't think I can put into words just how special.
It was so wonderful to be supported and surrounded by family on Caden's day. This is a new experience for us because we have lived so far from family. On special days like these we have had a set of grandparents in attendance, but no siblings, cousins, aunts or uncles. Caden's uncle, Joseph (with whom he shares a name), gave a wonderful talk on Baptism. My brother, Scott, who is involved in Boy Scouts, postponed a scout campout to be able to make it. I know that Caden felt loved by all the family there to support him.
A few days before his baptism, Caden made the comment that after he was baptized he was going to be perfect for a few seconds. Well, it lasted longer than a few seconds. Right after being baptized, Caden told his dad that he felt the Spirit. Shortly thereafter, he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and he continued to feel the Spirit as he, quite literally, glowed for the rest of the day. On this day, he was the happiest I have ever seen him. David and I watched him all day with a little bit of awe. This is a boy who has some spunk mixed with some attitude, of late, but we saw none of that on this day. We saw a boy who felt nothing but the love of God. It is a day I will not forget and I hope it is a day Caden will not forget. If he does, at least he can look back on his day here, and know that he felt the Spirit. He can know that because of the Spirit, he was happy, kind and caring. He can know that the Spirit helped him to think of others first and be forgiving. Being able to have the companionship the Holy Ghost is truly a gift.
We had a Waffle Bar after the baptism at my parent's house.
I made sugar cookies for those who attended the baptism. Caden loved handing them out to everyone.
During General Conference this month, Caden made a book for David and I that included his testimony. I included that sweet testimony below.
Caden's Testimony - October 2, 2016
I know I can't be as perfect as Jesus Christ, but I know I can try to be like him. I know I have seen him once and I will see him again. I want to bear my testimony that I know the scriptures are true and Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
















No comments:
Post a Comment