Ryland has been hanging out with his brothers at the dentist for the past three and a half years, but he has wanted no part of it himself. None of our boys have been the least bit bothered by dental visits, but this child has been different. When he makes his mind up about something, he sticks to it. He had an appointment shortly before he turned 3, but had already decided there was no way he was going to let anyone look in his mouth, and he sure didn't.
I prepped him for the past 6 months about this latest visit. Each time we talked about it, he was quick to tell me that it was not going to happen. And each time I told him that it was going to happen. We have been having a battle of the wills. A couple weeks leading up to this visit, I told him he was going to the dentist, that he was going to sit in the chair and let the nice lady count his teeth...and he was SILENT! This boy is never silent. I allowed myself to think, "Can I actually win this one!" I continued to talk about it over the next couple of weeks, and he continued to be, strangely, mum about the whole thing.
Well, after watching all his brothers, he climbed up in that chair like a champ and let the hygienist count his chompers. The score...mom-1, Ryland-2,586 (but whose counting?).
Porter is always hanging around for moral support.
Yay, for no cavities!! He is now asking when he can go back.



Nice win!!!! Please, please move to Vegas! I will keep my eyes and ears open for a house and a job.
ReplyDelete