Family

Family

February 18, 2016

Halloween 2015

We started the week of Halloween off with a little pumpkin carving for our Family Home Evening activity.  I am a little embarrassed to admit it, but this was the first time since having children that we carved pumpkins.  Our pumpkins usually just sit on our front porch looking pretty all by themselves.  Pumpkin carving makes such a mess and I have somehow avoided it until now.  Once the kids donned some gloves they were all for pulling out the yucky center.  And then, us adults did most of the carving.  I guess that is what happens when they choose to carve a witch.








Costumes came next...

This shark has quite the bite.


Firefighter to the rescue.


Watch out for Luke Skywalker.


The smiley pirate.











We went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat, mid-week.  It was FREEZING so they did it inside this year, which made this mama very grateful.












The day before Halloween the kids went trick-or-treating at dad's work.




I love how all the employees had some fun by dressing up too.








By Halloween night the kids already had WAY too much candy, but you can't not do your own neighborhood!
It was dad's turn to take the kids around while I handed out candy (my favorite part).


Off they go with the neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment