Family

Family

April 16, 2014

Spring Break 2014

We had a good Spring Break with the boys a couple of weeks ago.  We tried to do something each day of our "staycation." Some days were as simple as going to the library (our boys love books) and other days included more fun.  The boys' two favorite days were when we went to Bouncy Town and the Wisconsin Dells.  I liked those too, but I have to say I really liked the lazy mornings as well.  I didn't have my good camera with me at both of the "favorite" places and only used my iPhone camera.  Then I inadvertently deleted them ALL!  Nice.

I have this one Instagram picture from Bouncy Town.  This little hole in the wall is nothing like other bounce houses we have been to, but the kids still seem to love it and always come away tired.


The boys were super excited to go to the Wisconsin Dells and were counting down each day.  The Wisconsin Dells are also known as "The Waterpark Capital of the World."  So many water parks (indoor and outdoor) to choose from.  We ended up at the Kalahari Resort (indoor).  I must say it was a little strange to be at a waterpark while it was snowing outside.  Getting to our car afterward was fun...still wet and confronted by snow and bitter cold.  Yikes.

Again, I have one Instagram picture.


We started off in the wave pool, but that didn't last long.  The kids were still too little to sit in and hang on to a large inner tube.  I have never liked wave pools anyway.  So, we headed to the water slides.  We started off on a slide where 3 people can sit in a closed bottom tube (boat shaped).  Everyone loved it.  Even little RyPie.  He was so cute.  He fake screamed his way down.  And continued to use his fake scream, off and on, even when he wasn't going down a slide.

It was so fun to see our kids having fun at a waterpark!  There was no fear, only enthusiasm.  Luke has been begging to get back into swimming lessons since he actually likes the water now.  Yay!

Thankfully, I have a few pictures from David's phone.  I wish we had more, but waterparks are not the greatest places for cameras.  We have no pictures of the kids (or us parents) going down the slides, but have a few from where we ended up...the kiddie lazy river (with inner tubes just the right size).

Luke, Caden and Porter spent a little bit of time in the inner tubes, but most of their time was spent swimming around the river.  No one wanted to leave this area.

 
I love this picture of Ryland.  He was in heaven on this inner tube.  He spent an hour and a half in this tube floating around the lazy river.

 
He was so chill...and would wave and say bye to us.


Spring Break ended with an amazing General Conference weekend.  I felt inspired, strengthened, and the push to do better and to be better.
 
 
On Sunday morning, I heard Luke mention over and over that he wished conference would start (which was 11:00am for us).  I made the assumption that he wanted it to begin so that it could be over sooner.  I was wrong.  I finally asked him why he was so antsy for it to begin.  He said, "Because I like it."  My mama heard burst with joy!  I did notice on Saturday that he seemed to be paying attention, but didn't know for sure if his mind was really on it, or if it was wandering somewhere else.  This is really the first time he hasn't been distracted by coloring books or some other activity as David and I do our best to deal with 4 young children AND pay attention.  This boy is growing up.  And, on this day, I was okay with it.

David took the 3 oldest boys on a walk between sessions on Sunday (I was home with the sleeping little).  We have a forest preserve across the street (and down a hillside) from us with a path and a small river.  After they had been gone about a half hour I got a call from David, asking if I could come pick them up.  David had taken a minute to post their afternoon walk on Instagram, and when he looked up, Caden was in the river, with a look of shock on his face.  He had fallen in!  It was completely flat around the river so who knows how Caden ended up in the water.  When I asked him how it happened, he didn't want to tell me because he was embarrassed.  He finally said, "I was picking up a stick and got distracted...and I fell in."  The river was frozen over a couple of weeks ago, so I knew it had to have been cold, and sure enough, he said it was "freezing."

Here is what David was posting at the time.

 
And here is his post after Caden took a cold dip in the water.
 
 
 Thankfully, the water wasn't too deep or flowing too quickly.

 


1 comment:

  1. We did the indoor waterpark thing (while snowing outside) a few months ago. We'll be going back. Ryland got big!

    ReplyDelete