When the temperature here in Wisconsin dropped to single digits back in November, our neighbors said we would adjust to the cold. I didn't believe them. There was no way this girl (who is always cold to begin with) was going to adjust. I might endure, but adjust...no way.
Turns out, I have adjusted. Our family too. We joke now that when the temperature is in the high teens or above, it is "open coat weather." And, in all seriousness, if that is what the thermometer reads, David and I often don't even bother with the zippers.
Hmmm....
I began this post several days ago, before the plummeting temperatures of this week. So, I feel I should revise this a bit. We have adjusted to the normal, everyday cold. We have not adjusted to -30, -35, or -40 (with wind chill). This week, we have once again experienced one such blast of cold air. The kind that "can freeze your flesh in 5 minutes" (per those cheery weather guys). School was again cancelled for two days. The make-up days are now really adding up. :(
Oh, and Chicago (nicknamed "the windy city") has nothing on Wisconsin. The wind is unbelievable here. There are days when not one flake of snow is falling from the sky, but it feels like you are in snowy, white-out conditions. Nope, it is just blowing snow. And it comes at you from the sides. I sure wish I could catch it on video.
I feel like all I do lately is write about the weather! It gets pretty boring when it is too cold to go outside!
The boys did have some fun sledding in the front yard this month. This hill is currently receiving some more snow and David has promised to "work on it" to make it even better.
Hmmm....
I began this post several days ago, before the plummeting temperatures of this week. So, I feel I should revise this a bit. We have adjusted to the normal, everyday cold. We have not adjusted to -30, -35, or -40 (with wind chill). This week, we have once again experienced one such blast of cold air. The kind that "can freeze your flesh in 5 minutes" (per those cheery weather guys). School was again cancelled for two days. The make-up days are now really adding up. :(
Oh, and Chicago (nicknamed "the windy city") has nothing on Wisconsin. The wind is unbelievable here. There are days when not one flake of snow is falling from the sky, but it feels like you are in snowy, white-out conditions. Nope, it is just blowing snow. And it comes at you from the sides. I sure wish I could catch it on video.
I feel like all I do lately is write about the weather! It gets pretty boring when it is too cold to go outside!
The boys did have some fun sledding in the front yard this month. This hill is currently receiving some more snow and David has promised to "work on it" to make it even better.
Luke, fresh off the bus, taking off all the winter gear he wears to school.



No comments:
Post a Comment