Our little Ryland is a month old.
One Month!
I keep telling myself that he can't be...but, alas, he is. I wish I could pause time for a little while.
![]() |
| 3 Days |
This little guy is sleeping great.
During the day.
Not so much at night.
I am looking forward to this day/night confusion to resolve itself, but every time I think it, I realize that means he will be older and I am not down with that.
Sigh.
| 3 Days |
Porter has been really good with his new baby brother. He loves to help burp him and gives him hugs, kisses, and head rubs every chance he gets. They can't be left alone together, though, as Porter tries to pick him up and his hugs can be a bit on the squeezy side (to put it lightly).
![]() |
| 1 Week |
Likes his carseat.
Yay!
![]() |
| 8 Days |
Out of all the boys, Caden has been the most interested in Ryland. He wants to be around during diaper changes, clothing changes, feeding, you name it. He is also the one who is always asking if he can hold him.
![]() |
| 1 Week |
Love the sleepy smiles.
Can't wait 'til he is smiling for real.
![]() |
| 2 Weeks |
One day when Luke was staring at his brother he said, "He's so cute I don't want to stop looking at him." Ditto. It is amazing how much time we all spend just looking at this sweet baby.
![]() |
| 9 Days |
Here is a short conversation I had with Luke a few days ago:
Luke: I don't want him (Ryland) to grow.
Mom: Why don't you want him to grow?
Luke: Because I like him this age.
Mom: Oh, me too.
Seriously, can time stop!?!
![]() |
| 2.5 Weeks |
I have an AMAZING husband.
Our nights are hard right now (it's that whole non-sleeping baby thing), but they would be a lot more difficult for me without this man. You see, he takes a "shift" at night when this baby wants to be awake. I don't know how many men with a full-time job and going to school would help their wives like this at night. When asked why he does it, I have heard him respond with, "Well, he's my kid too." Or maybe he just knows how wacky I get without sleep! Gotta love him.
Thank you, D!
![]() |
| 9 Days |
Just chillin' on the tummy.
![]() |
| 3 Weeks |
Love this boy!
![]() |
| 3 Weeks |
Oh how he loves bath time.
Wish I had one of these tubs with my other babies...maybe they wouldn't have hated bath time until they were each 18 months old!
Wish I had one of these tubs with my other babies...maybe they wouldn't have hated bath time until they were each 18 months old!
![]() |
| 3 Weeks |
Grandma.
My parents were able to come out and help for a week.
Thank you!!
![]() |
| 2.5 Weeks |
I can't get enough of sleeping baby pictures!
![]() |
| 3.5 Weeks |
Grandpa.
AKA Chauffeur, Gardener, & Playmate (a few things he became while here).
![]() |
| 3 Weeks |
Going for a walk.
![]() |
| 4 Weeks |
I am embarrassed to admit it, but walking around our neighborhood with this double stroller has been something akin to exercise for me! I have been using muscles in my legs that haven't been used in awhile. And I'm just walking!
Sad, I know.
Exercise just wasn't a priority while pregnant. It was all I could do to gather the energy to get in the car to go, well, anywhere. Honestly, I was glad just to get through each day with everyone in one piece. I actually did get on the stationary bike this pregnancy. Once. On a rare good day. My hips always hurt while pregnant and the bike made it worse. So, that little problem on top of already feeling rotten in general...well, that was the end of that.
I am loving our walks now, though. It is starting to cool down quite a bit, so it may not last long.
Here we come stationary bike!
![]() |
| 4 Weeks |
Our Family of SIX!
![]() |
| 3 Weeks |

















Awww-so cute! Thanks for all the pictures! I'm so sorry I haven't made it over there yet. Dang! I guess we will just have to get Ryland and baby Audrey a playdate together soon. She comes on Wednesday!!! YAY! I MADE IT- well, almost. My mom comes tomorrow. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pictures! He is so good lookin! Love how sweet his brothers are with him. I know what you mean about them growing up too fast. Scout it killing me right now with all her moving around and grabbing at stuff. At night I go in and feed her before I go to bed while she is pretty much asleep-and I love it. I just cuddle her and soak it up. Good luck on the sleeping and yes, your husband is a stud for being up with 'his child too.' Matt does that also when I need him and it helps so much!
ReplyDeleteThose are some good looking guys you have in your life. And I cannot believe it has been a month! Let me know if you need a nap and I'll come play with those boys. :)
ReplyDelete