Family

Family

September 4, 2012

Six!!

Luke is 6 years old!
It has been a long wait (on his end).

Happy Birthday Luke!!
Love you lots!

 
We celebrated just a little early, since we didn't know if this baby would follow the pattern of the previous two births and come 10 days early (which would land it right on this boy's special day).  So far, no sign of baby, but Luke was quite happy to celebrate over the weekend!
 
 
Gift opening.

 
Using one of the gifts.

 
 I think David and I loved playing with the basketball hoop just as much as our boys.  I can't wait until we are in a house of our own and can have a real basketball standard outside.

 
 Birthday Boy!

 
 
 
 
 Loving all the smoke!

 
 After Luke's birthday each year I vow that I am done trying to find a good eggless cake recipe.  And each year I end up trying "just one last time."  After last year's nasty cake, I really was done.  This year rolled around and this sweet boy requested I try again.  So I did.
 
Here he is getting ready to dig in...hoping that maybe, just maybe, this year's cake will be different.

 
Hmm....
Not quite what he was hoping for. 

 
He even tried smothering it with ice cream to see if that would help the taste.
It didn't. 

 
 Caden gobbled it up like it was your normal, fluffly, yummy cake.
(Not the brown, heavy, mushy, nothingness it actually was!)

 
 David wanted to gag.

 
 Porter ate part of it, but even he knew it was off and ended up spitting much of it out.

 
 And I vow, once again, that this is the last eggless cake I will ever make.
I hate allergies.

 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Matt felt like we had a real home until the basketball hoop went up! lol.

    I hate allergies on your behalf. Eggless cake is just no good.

    ReplyDelete