Family

Family

August 1, 2012

Long

This past year has been long.
Long and winding.
And sometimes uphill.



David's company underwent a split, making his work schedule crazy and hectic.  First, there was the work involved in re-structuring the two organizations.  Then, once the split happened, the area David supports grew and his workload tripled.  This increased area also came with him having to travel again. L

On top of that, David started school at the University of Arkansas to get his MBA.  This is something we have talked about since the beginning of our marriage and I am grateful that all the ducks aligned perfectly here in Arkansas for that to happen.  It is a good thing.  But, it has not been easy.
Not for David.  Not for me.  And not for our family.

Add a pregnancy.
The first half was pretty awful.  The second half, while better, has still been difficult (aches & pains, not feeling good in general, and sooo tired).  So, normal pregnancy stuff.  I haven't felt motivated to do much of anything.  It feels like I have been pregnant for a year and a half.  I had no idea time could pass so slowly.

I am so very aware that there could be much more difficult things than this.  Things we have watched others go through.  Things we hope and pray we will not have to experience ourselves. 

It has just been a long year.  That's all.
It is a year that I am thrilled to put behind us.

And I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.





As for David's job....we are adjusting to him traveling again.  After all, it's what I have known for the majority of our marriage.  And we are now accruing airline/hotel/rental car points again!  His workload is still high, but he did have his HR responsibilities at the local Kraft cheese plant taken off his plate.  That's something.

We are told by those who have been through this MBA program, that the hardest year of school is now over.  Wahoo!  We are all looking forward to seeing David just a wee bit more.  He is looking forward to being seen.  Even more, we are looking forward to July 2013 when he is finished for good.

While incredibly grateful that we are able to get pregnant, I am also looking forward to next month...when I will no longer be pregnant (6 more weeks)!  I am excited about a few wonderful things...more energy, the ability to bend over, no longer feeling like a furnace, less trips to the bathroom, zero ligament pain, relief of my sciatic nerve pain, no more back pain, walking like a normal person, reduced reflux, being able to breathe, and just feeling good again.
I can hardly wait.

And most of all, I am excited about meeting our newest addition.  Oh, how I look forward to snuggling with our new scrunchy baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment