Family

Family

June 17, 2012

When mom's away... day two

On day two with the boys we got out for the day and went to Roaring River State Park in Missouri. We wanted to see a new site and throw a few rocks in a new river.  As you will see in the photos below, Roaring River Stake Park doesn't seem to have a "roaring river".  It's got a great fishing stream to walk and play in.  We spent time in and around the water doing what boys love to do.  Day two was a great day for us boys.  We needed this time together!
Throwing rocks.  What more do you need to say.  Boys love throwing rocks in rivers. 

We hiked up the river since it was pretty shallow.  As usual, Porter led the way to danger.  I worry about hospital bills with Mr. Porter.  If there's a thrill, he will seek it.

Here's superman and the crew.  As you can see, Caden is a bit wet from his falls into the river.  Caden is a curious little boy.  He loved the beauty of the surroundings so much, yet struggled to focus on placing one foot in front of the other.  I worry about math class with superman here.  The beauty of the scenery outside the classroom window will be more important than 2+2.  I should know.  He gets his distracted, daydream nature from good ole dad.

I couldn't resist another picture of protector Luke.  He has been an extra parent this week making sure his brothers stay safe and that dad doesn't get anyone hurt.  He's a great helper but again... ulcers! ;)

Evidence that a father was present.  So I read my captions above am noting the worries listed and am prepared for ulcers of my own.  So you see a genetic connection between dad and the two oldest boys:  Worrier Luke = Yup that's me.  Distracted by sights, sounds, nature Caden = Yup, I was a wandering minded kid.  Adventurous, Danger seeker Porter = No idea... we think there was a mix-up at the hospital because he has the most risk-averse set of parents the world as ever seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment