Family

Family

May 2, 2012

Shoes

Porter (20.5 months) is obsessed with shoes these days.
The shoe rack in the laundry room and master bedroom closet are not kept orderly for long.  Everyday he raids those racks.  I think he has tried on just about every pair in the house.  It sure feels like I spend half my day picking up shoes.  Or tripping over them.












This little boy is such a joy.  I love this age.  It is so fun when these little ones are curious about everything and excited about new discoveries.  He wakes up happy every day.  He is quite chatty.  I am amazed at how quickly he is learning to say new words.  My favorite is how he says his own name.  It comes out Poor-er, with an emphasis on the r's.  He often points to himself when saying it.  He aggressively inserts himself into whatever his older brothers are doing...wrestling, chasing each other around the house, playing balls in the yard.  No risk of this one being left behind as he won't allow it.  One of his favorite things to do (besides trying on all the shoes) is to rifle through the garbage.  Every garbage.  I've been waiting for months for that obsession to subside...so far, no end in sight.  He also really likes to pull everything out of the bathroom drawers and cupboards.  He has taken to closing the bathroom door before he tears things apart.  Sneaky.  David has been known to refer to him as our little "fire ant".  I think it has something to do with the way he quickly scurries about from one thing to the next.  And that he has a little spice to him.  He is a great sleeper.  He's a climber.  I am surprised we haven't had an ER visit yet, although I probably just jinxed it...stay tuned.  He hates rain on his head.  He is a messy eater.  He loves to say "thank you".  He has great hair (it has the slightest little wave to it...a first in our family of bone straight hair).  We finally have a child who loves mashed potatoes.  Ahh, a boy after my own heart.
He gives the best hugs.



1 comment:

  1. He is so very darling. Have I told you that if we had a boy that is what I envision him looking like? Well it is. And he's darling.

    ReplyDelete