Family

Family

August 18, 2011

Root Canal

So I (David) have had a miserable few months with periodontal care in Arkansas. When we moved here I noticed some teeth that were in trouble. I went to the dentist and got my first two crowns ever. I was miserable the whole time getting temporaries and then after getting the permanent crowns it took a while to adjust. They just hurt. Two months went by and everything seemed fine until this past weekend when the most excruciating pain grew under one of my crowns. After getting into the dentist and then being referred to an endodontist I ended up with a root canal after waiting 4 days in pain. When they drilled open the crown, the endondontist said that there was a powder keg of inflammation and infection that had built up. It's really too bad it takes painful experiences to remind us how nice it is to be comfortable and painless. Aging bites sometimes. Lessons learned: Brush your teeth often, floss often, don't drink chocolate milk much, avoid soda pop, don't get dental care in Arkansas. Not that Arkansas is bad with dentistry... just really, really expensive because half the people don't pay their bills and the rest of us pay the difference*!!
*these comments may contrast with factual research obtained through the Arkansas Dentistry Board and should not be taken as fact, only as frustration! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the lovely world of dental work. I feel your pain man. I have 8 crowns. EIGHT! And I have my fair share of absessed teeth, root canals, and other horrible teeth decay. And I BRUSH and FLOSS! Sometimes genetics are just against me.

    ReplyDelete