Family

Family

August 3, 2011

Family Reunion at Bear Lake - Day at the Beach

The Sandgren's gathered at Bear Lake last month for a family reunion.  It was great to get away and spend time with family.  Our first day we rented a boat and hung out on the beach.  With the high water levels this year we had to drive a bit to find ourselves a beach, but we did find one!  Some of us Alsops are not what I would call real water folk.  I know, I can only imagine what you water people out there are thinking.  It doesn't seem right.  I love being in the boat...not so much behind the boat.  Swimming in the ocean...no thank you.  Snorkeling...doesn't do much for me.  Put me in a boat and go fast...wahoo!  Put me in a kayak...double wahoo!!  I am more of an "on the water" not "in the water" kind of person.  

Our boys, who inherited a double dose of our cautious genes, didn't even care much for the boat.  Luke begged, the whole time we were out, to "go home" (back to the beach).  He didn't like the speed...he was even afraid when we were put putting it out of the shallow water.  And he definitely didn't like it when the boat was in "deep" water.  What a little nut.   Caden, just sat on the boat with a blank stare.  Not afraid, just not having fun either.  He wasn't feeling well, but his expression may not have changed even if he was himself.  There is hope in Porter...he seems to be the craziest of them all.  We shall see.

Here are the boys on the beach helping dad make a sand castle.
We didn't make it to the beach much as the beaches closest to our rental home were under water, but Luke could have spent the whole trip on the beach.
Phew...something he likes!

(Thank you Liza for some of these photos!  I am going to be using more of them in the next few blogs)



 Collecting mud for the sand castle.




Finished product.  What a beauty!



Caden is good as long as he has a truck or a car.



Porter ate his fair share of sand.
Yum.




Some of the cousins hanging out.
(Ryker, Sammie, Mia, Caden)


My parents brought a row boat.  I quite liked it (must be that in the boat thing).  Here is Liza and David rowing with a bunch of the kids.


Tiffany saw David's castle and decided to try her hand at it.
She had lots of little helpers as well.


Filling the moat.


Finished product.
Tiff, I think yours takes the cake!


Just a few of the many cute girls on our trip!
(Mia, Claire, Liza, Sammie)


Mom and Porter.


Thanks for bringing the boat, mom and dad.
This boat was slow enough for Luke to think it was cool.


Scott sure liked it behind the boat!


So did this brave crew!
Our kids wouldn't be caught dead on that thing.


Matt, having more water fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment